Header Ads

Header ADS

Note from the Plenipotentiary Representative of the RSFSR in Turkey to the Commissioner for Foreign Affairs of the Government of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, Yusuf Kemal.

 A source: USSR foreign policy documents. Volume 4. p. 355. Moscow. Gospolitizdat. 1960

September 18, 1921 No. 957-a

Mr. Commissioner,

I have the honor to acknowledge receipt of your venerable letters of the number 2874, the content of whose were not slow to inform my Government, and I thank you on behalf of my Government and the Russian people, the warmest gratitude for the generous gift of grain and bean products 1 , made by the Government of the Grand National Assembly to help victims of hunger in our country.

You can be sure, Mr. Commissioner, that this help coming from the fraternal Turkish people will be highly appreciated by the Russian people and will not fail to further strengthen the bonds of friendship and brotherhood that already exist between our two peoples and will increase sympathy for the Turkish people in his heroic struggle.

I take this opportunity to express to you, Lord Commissioner, the assurance of my utmost respect.

Natsarenus


In the mentioned letter of Yusuf Kemal No. 2874 dated September 18, 1921 it was said:

“Mr. Plenipotentiary Representative.

I have the pleasure to inform you that in addition to 30 tons of corn located near Heraclia and of which I informed you earlier, my Government decided to deliver to Soviet Russia, after tax collection, about 800 tons of grain and legumes, loading them in various ports of the Black Sea for assistance victims of famine in Russia.

Please accept, Mr. Plenipotentiary Representative, the assurance of my highest consideration. "

1 At the end of 1921, a consignment of corn came from Turkey to help the hungry.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.